Mobile Graphics [Half-day Course]
Marco Agus - CRS4 and KAUST
Enrico Gobbetti - CRS4 - Course Organizer
Giovanni Pintore - CRS4
Pere-Pau Vázquez - Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Fabio Marton - CRS4
This half-day tutorial provides a technical introduction to the mobile graphics world spanning the hardware-software spectrum, and explores the state of the art and key advances in specific application domains, including capture and acquisition, real-time high-quality 3D rendering, and interactive exploration.
- Session 0: Introduction [pdf]
- Session 1: Evolution of mobile graphics [pdf]
- Session 2: Mobile graphics trends [pdf 2.1][pdf 2.2]
- Session 3: Graphics development for mobile systems [pdf]
- Session 4: Scalable mobile visualization [pdf 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4] [pdf 4.5/4.6]
- Session 5: Mobile metric capture and reconstruction [pdf]
- Session 6: Closing [pdf]
This tutorial was partially supported by the TDM project funded by the Autonomous Region of Sardinia and by FEDER (EU) funds under Grant No. TIN2014-52211-C2-1-R. We also acknowledge the contribution of Sardinian Regional Authorities under projects VIGEC and VIDEOLAB, of the Spanish Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad, and of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.